20150806

Alleyways




This top is weird. I still haven't figured out exactly what it is or how to wear it. I have a couple of this type of button down shirt where the buttons lay diagonally across the torso, past the shoulders and instead of a collar there's an expanse of fabric that forms a sort of funnel neck that can cover half your face. I seldom wear them done all the way up because the material isnt stiff enough to stand on it's own and just pools on the collarbones, trapping heat, and no one likes feeling as though they're slowly choking on humid air. So wearing it open is often the course of action, with the flaps hanging rather awkwardly like curtains for your chest. This, along with the very generously cut sleeves, give the illusion of an abundance of layers when in reality I'm only wearing two. Felt like I was swaddled in lot of fabric with this thing on.

I guess the point of this look is volume. Loose trousers, roomy sleeves, platform shoes—you can probably make another set of clothing with the things I'm wearing in these photos. Like extra large clothes tailored for a small person.

(Also wow at this very exciting and erudite post. I wanted to write more but I cant be arsed about blogging nowadays.)

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever done a post about your use of night time photography? It just stuck me that I don't think I've seen anyone use it quite like you.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your post, I only wished there were more updates. But it's so interesting to see your blog evolve.

    https://www.vaniitas.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://islamguzelahlaktir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I value freedom of speech but there's also a thing called respect.

Play nice.