20140430

Pinned and Tucked



Looking at these photos now I realize I should've worn a more structured top as opposed to the shapeless shirt I picked out for that day. The skirt is a wrap around maxi skirt I found at a thrift shop  for a dollar which I tucked and pinned at various areas to add some interest. I find pairing shoes with maxi skirts a little difficult because the default choice will most likely be sandals but I have an aversion to sandals, unfortunately, so this one has been sitting unworn for the most part. 

I've been making clothing again. I find that summer brings along with the excruciating heat a desire to make stuff, probably because as a child I always spent summer vacations immersed in some form of arts and crafts project. I cant sleep in on the weekends anyway because it's simply too hot so I might as well be productive, right? I'm just doing all I can to deal with the temperature lest I spontaneously combust.

3 comments:

  1. yes babe.. summer conjures our hobbies. im into painting lately hehe

    love this look

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make it seem so easy you know, i like the top with it even though you have you reservations.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete

I value freedom of speech but there's also a thing called respect.

Play nice.