20131110

Into the Future







I have been a big admirer of the work of photographer Christian Beirle González ever since I came across one of his photos on a random image search for a new desktop photo some time ago. The first one is actually what I'm using right now. His work is centered on architecture with spots of bright, saturated colors and the photographs are studies in line, shape and space. Sometimes he adds in an some more in post processing, like in photos 1, 5 and 7.

There is a sense of sterility and hyper-moderness in a lot of his photos. Several of them look straight out of Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey especially the ones taken in subways. His photos are a vision of a slick utopian world set a hundred years into the future, where cleanliness, technology and good design prevail. I find that I'm drawn to images and objects depicting a certain kind of aloofness and González's work is no exception. 

See more of González's photos here.

3 comments:

  1. There's something very clinical about his work, I'm glad I'm found it. Really refreshing, great post.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  2. I particularly like the third photo with the mismatched circle and handrail. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn this is stunning! beautiful work, thanks for sharing this ;)

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete

I value freedom of speech but there's also a thing called respect.

Play nice.