20130717

Happy Accidents




Skirt, Bleach Catastrophe

Time for something a little more subdued. I find that lately I'm drawn to simpler silhouettes, partly due to sheer laziness.

I've had this skirt for a while now but haven't had the chance to take a photo of it. I first saw it featured in a fashion magazine and was extremely pleased and surprised when I checked and found out that it's from a local brand, Bleach Catastrophe. It stood out immediately from the sea of blah as it reminded me of Comme des Garcons, whose skirts I seriously covet. I've heard only good things about BC and I admire their aesthetic but for some reason, I have never bought anything of theirs before until I surreptitiously walked into a store a few weeks later after that initial sighting and saw THE skirt hanging from a rack. 

This thing has the most wonderful pockets and shame it's not apparent in the photos but seriously, I can fit everything I need for the day in them and not look like some weird lumpy mess. Magic pockets, I say. Funny how the things you stumble upon unexpectedly end up being your favorite purchases. 

4 comments:

  1. Hidden pockets are a gem, in menswear too. Those they don't sounds intentionally hidden in your case. Nice to try out new names and brands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did u get your shoes?!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an old hand-me-down from my sister! Brand is Rubi.

      Delete
  3. You look lovely. I like the simplicity, and the fact that there are functional (yet invisible) pockets is even better.

    ReplyDelete

I value freedom of speech but there's also a thing called respect.

Play nice.