20121231

First Dawn



Wouldn't you believe it's already 2013? The holidays and the obligatory parties that come with it flew by so fast I had very little time for anything else. That, and work, which explains the lack of posts.

I'm actually in Singapore right now, with a week to go until I return to Manila. It's my third time visiting but my first to celebrate the New Year and my birthday in a foreign country. Unlike previous forays in this city I have no concrete itinerary. Before, the goal was to pass out on the bed after each meticulously planned day, but this being my third visit I can now relax and not feel like I am constantly running out of time.

To my Singapore readers, any recommendations? None of the touristy stuff, please.

Happy New Year, everyone.

6 comments:

  1. omg congrats... singapore career . =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with your sense of style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there,
    Im your Singaporean reader and here's where I'd recommend (:
    1. Haji Lane - vintage and one of its kind here. Pretty indie stuff aligned along a street. You can walk further in to Kandahar Street where some cool cafes are.

    2. Far East Plaza, Orchard Central, Mandarin Gallery - All along the favorite shopping area. FEP offers more of youngster stuff with a dose of surprise if you dig deep enough. Check out Exhibit, a local label. Orchard Central houses some of Singapore's most talented local fashion labels. Check out Blackmarket, Sabrina Goh and Reckless Erica. As for Mandarin Gallery, it houses labels of a higher price line but nonetheless a cool spot for visual shopping.

    3. You can try Ann Siang Rd and Dempsey for some gastronomical experience.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anon, thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely be checking out Ann Siang Hill and Haji Lane. Haji Lane is one of favorite spots here in SG. I visited FEP a few days ago, in fact I've already bought some stuff there haha.

      Delete
  4. Hey Mika,

    Seems like I came in too late to suggest a few places to visit. I hope you've enjoyed your stay in Singapore.

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete

I value freedom of speech but there's also a thing called respect.

Play nice.