20121108

About a Dress



Sheer Dress, Thrifted

I fished this thing out of my favorite thrift store along Edsa-Taft for only 50php about a year ago. Since then it has been worn only a handful of times, a shame because it's not something you come across everyday. I can't say why but I find it quite a difficult piece to wear. It's not really a dress, nor is it a cape or a shirt... having no fitting classification makes it problematic.

Despite looking like a dress it has a certain masculinity that gives it a bit of toughness. Perhaps it's the length? That quality will definitely be a good angle to work with. Worn with a gray tank underneath to break up all that black. I've yet to explore other options other than pants to pair with the dress, maybe another dress or a skirt underneath but I like a good challenge. It's good to have a questionable piece or two in our closet to shake things up.

15 comments:

  1. this reminds me so much of Trinity, that character in the movie Matrix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I wore this for superhero-themed Halloween party! Kinda apt? Haha :)

      Delete
  2. omg omg... babe, my dream is to see you in 3 inch wedgs. pls? make me happy. wear it with the dress

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW. What a gorgeous dress. I wish I could rock that. But I'd look like a midget.

    You look awesome!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's a really unsual piece, cant say i've ever seen much like it before. i do think it really suits you though. it's certainly nice to have a few questionable things in there to keep it interesting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone did goth ninja before the term goth ninja was ever coined. Such a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. finally i found a girl from manila (other than my mom) who wears black and got some swagger! keep on posting dear. we need more girls like you here!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your style and blog Mika! Wanna follow each other? Let me know!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad you find the idea of the tea tags interesting, i'm pretty excited by it all

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once you find the perfect way to style them, the 'difficult' pieces are often the most rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so different, I like it. Usually a style as such isn't necessarily one I like but I definitely do have appreciation for it. The dress was a great find, it has the perfect balance of causal and I guess you could even say couture? All in all it's really nice and the pairing of the boots was a good one.
    Went and looked up Q from skyfall. I can definitely see the resemblance. haha. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is BEYOND AMAZING. You look like a freakin' super-heroine who's ready to kick some butt. I especially love the layers on top, and the length in back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dress is beautiful! I can't believe it's thrifted, but then some of my best items have been found in charity shops.

    ReplyDelete

I value freedom of speech but there's also a thing called respect.

Play nice.