20120301

It's Officially Summer


I was watching the early morning news and they were playing a certain kind of music. That cliche island music. The kind that makes you think of beaches and drinking out of coconuts while wearing a loud Hawaiian print shirt. It was unnerving because the only music that news show ever plays in all seriousness is the La Sallian Alma Mater Hymn whenever there's a bit of positive La Sallian news. Yes folks, I watch the telecast of DZ Dobol B with Mike Enriquez on Channel 11.

It turns out that PAGASA announced that the summer season starts today. Like an official announcement is even necessary--we have been feeling it since the start of this week. As I have said repeatedly, summer is my least favorite time of the year especially now that I'm working because I no longer have two months worth of summer vacation. Students have it easy.

To ease my heat-induced grumpiness, here's a summer playlist. The playlist doesn't really have BEACH! SURF! HEATSTROKE! written all over it but I do think the songs I chose have the upbeat, feel good vibes to them that makes them perfect for a summer playlist. After all, summer isn't just about those things. Personally I think the perfect summer activity would be to get on a plane and fly someplace where it's not 35°C.

Feeling Good - Muse


Sunday Morning - No Doubt


Ceremony - New Order


Venus as a Boy - Björk


In the City - The Jam


Island in the Sun - Weezer


A Window - Radio Dept


Little L - Jamiroquai


Les Promesses - Autour de Lucie


Aqueous Transmission - Incubus

2 comments:

  1. Venus as a Boy, wheeee love that song! I really like your hair btw. And thanks for that link, really calming environments going on there, something I so NEED right now! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. that playlist is EVEYYYTHING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I value freedom of speech but there's also a thing called respect.

Play nice.