20111123

Room Ideas








One of my goals for the next year is to refurbish what will be me and my younger brother's room. Currently my younger sister sleeps in that room but soon she shall be evicted, mwahaha. I haven't posted any photos of that room in this rag as it is dismal, but you probably have seen the disgusting tiled floor and the grimy white walls with the green border as the background for most of my outfit photos (as seen here).

The design direction would gear towards Scandinavian minimalism and open spaces with a lot of light. I want a sense of emptiness and coldness. I've been thinking about how I want the room to look like and for months I can already visualize it but it has been only now that I made a sort of mood board for it. I'm so excited I have actually started looking for a sofa bed (this is perfect and affordable but there's no Ikea in Manila and does not ship worldwide so screw that. Maybe I'll just have one custom-made). My head is swimming with color schemes and textiles and lamps and decor and I'm just so excited but my younger sister hasn't even agreed to swapping beds with me. Yet.

Making the mood board has got me thinking about things that inspire me, not just in terms of how I dress, but with everything I do. So I thought of starting maybe weekly and monthly inspiration posts. I'm thinking the monthly inspiration posts would be a broad concept that constantly and unfailingly inspires me and the weekly posts would be something with a theme that may or may not be connected to the monthly one. Does it sound confusing? As a person who is constantly exposed to all sorts of media and holds a job that requires a state of unending creativity I have gathered a select pool of stimuli over the years that have personally stirred me and I would like to share it with others. I'll start probably next week.


4 comments:

  1. "Scandinavian minimalism", yep me too.
    so appealing on many levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's totally awesome! I am one of your followers now :) Come by the-wardrobe-stylist.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah, these are fantastic. I desperately need to change my (boring) room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm quite fond of the notion of an open wardrobe although I do wonder about the dust. Perhaps a small bar or branch for everyday items would be fine.

    ReplyDelete

I value freedom of speech but there's also a thing called respect.

Play nice.