20110303

Inkarlcerated




kimono/robe thing, thrifted / shredded shirt, inkarlcerating / shorts, hand-me-down

Thanks to those who commented about my smile (or lack thereof) on my previous post. Granted, I'm more of a bitchface kinda person rather than sport a friendly, welcoming smile and it's impossible to count how many times people have asked me if I were mad when I'm not (can't help that that's my normal face) and how many friends pegged me as masungit when they first met me, but I am genuinely trying to make an effort to be less obnoxious (whether in my expression or in my attitude).

Moving on. Karl from Totallyinkarlcerating sent me this shredded shirt made from his blood, sweat and tears for Christmas, and I, being totally irresponsible and ungrateful, only had a chance to wear it after almost three months. Isn't it lovely? I think I'm going to be wearing this shirt a lot this summer. I appreciate receiving handmade things, especially those I cant make myself. I DIY a lot but I cant even shred cloth, what the hell is wrong with me?! Again, thanks a lot, Karl!

I realize that I did intend to make this blog a personal style AND design blog, but my design posts are close to nil. I apologize. As reparation I will post my portfolio website once it is finished, which will be on Monday, March 7. I still have a lot of work to do, my thesis will not finish itself and now that I think about it, being on the committee responsible for the portfolio exhibit of our batch wasn't such a good idea.

I'll spare you my tales of woe; have a nice week.

5 comments:

  1. Hah! I really recognize the bitchface/lack of smiling thing. I just CANNOT smile on cue. I've tried it many times and it makes me look like a weirdo. But I'm a very nice person irl and I smile and laugh a lot, haha!
    That shirt creeps me out a bit because it looks like you've been cut open or something, guess that's what makes it so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this photo. among the 5 recipients of the shirt, yer the coolest dear! coz i love yer style!
    thanks! u look great

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw, yung shoes ni paul , from soule phenomenon

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the shredded shirt..^_^..,hope i could wear one..^-^..great look btw..

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you stopped by my blog so I could find out about yours. That's got to be the best shredded shirt I've seen in some time, the red front is inspired! x

    ReplyDelete

I value freedom of speech but there's also a thing called respect.

Play nice.