20110226

Red and Polka Dots for Good Luck, New Glasses for Better Vision


kimono, thrifted / tank, SM / jeans, penshoppe / creepers, ebay/ accoutrements, quiapo

I finally got my eyes checked and had a new pair of glasses made after nearly four years. I have myopia with astigmatism and as expected my eye grade went up. When I tried the glasses on, it was a revelation.

Not only can I read things from a distance, I can also finally see texture. I can clearly see the faces of people, not just fleshy shapes topped with a mass of hair. Walking down a flight of stairs is no longer a struggle because my depth perception has been corrected and I wont have to worry about miscalculating a step and then falling down. Everything becomes smaller. People lose two sizes and furnitures shrink. When I'm not wearing my glasses I tend to bump into various objects because I see things out of their proportion and the glasses remedy that. I knew my eyesight was bad but I had no idea it was this terrible.

The last time I had a pair I lost them two weeks after they were made. Why did I put off having new glasses made? They make my life so much easier and puts the world in perspective. If only that wasn't just visually.

4 comments:

  1. Smile more on your pictures, please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, you look very beautiful when you smile...and i love love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit. I love the kimono and those creepers are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I value freedom of speech but there's also a thing called respect.

Play nice.